Pages

3.17.2011

Food !

I love to cook and I love to eat,however, France chose the topic and here is my offering. When France chose this topic I asked her if candy was food she said yes, and my intention was to solely take pictures of candy, yet I only got one...The pictures included in my offering are mostly bits of meals I have prepared myself... taking pictures of food AND making it look appetizing is difficult so I eliminated some of those and focused on mostly ingredients and organized them by meal.I will eventually add the recipes but for now feast your eyes!

Green Chili with Ground Pork and Cannellini Beans

I love Chili, especially when it's full of ground meat and Beans. I took a jar of Green Chili Starter* and added Garlic, Cannellini beans, Harissa Spice and a few other magical ingredients and semi-created a delicious Sweet and spicy-warm Chili.

Fresh Garlic and Cilantro for Chili
Inspecting Dried Cannellini Beans.
Cannellini Beans soaking
Green Chili !

*Tomatillos were unavailable at either the Farmer's Market or the Grocery so,  I used this in its place with delicious results.

Braised Pressure Cooker Short Ribs with Guinness and Harissa Spice

After years of consideration, and a childhood fear of the exploding variety, I finally purchased a (totally modern and safe) Fagor Pressure Cooker. 
To create this dish I used a rub on the ribs made from Harissa Spice, Salt and Pepper and let them sit for 90 minutes.
While waiting chopped up two carrots, garlic and a whole white onion.
 I used Guinness as the sauce base with chicken stock, Mushroom Demi Glace (salt and pepper to taste)and the sauce was awesome...  especially the next day.
Sautéing onions and carrots.
Deglazing with Guinness
snd a little more Guinness (in fact I used a whole pint!)
Braised Short Ribs with a Harissa Spice Rub just before pressuring.


Dessert, Sides, Salad & Eggs?

Dropped my Dessert!
7 Eggs & an Orange
Purple Sticky Rice
Spring Salad with Bleu Cheese Dressing 

Bon Appétit ! 

2 comments:

  1. My Oh MY...that looks GOOOOD. I want you to come to my house and cook for me.

    xoxox

    by the by...u know u picked that lolly back up:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those short ribs were the shizzle!

    ReplyDelete